Woohoo!!! The journalist finally posted their story on your new product announcement in the top vendor publication for your target market. The Executive team is psyched, the engineers are pumped and you look like a star to everyone that passes you by in the hallway. So now what?
Coverage that increases your position as a leader among the marketplace is certainly a reason to do your best Kermit the Frog Impression from the Muppet Show, but what about expanding the reach beyond the publications circulation/unique visitors. Like Kermit, you want to let everyone know that you are so excited about your coverage! Here are some of the ways to take advantage of your great hit!
1) Post It to the Company Website – Posting the coverage to your website will help drive traffic to the site and future visitors will be able to read the coverage when they are researching your company’s offerings.
2) Tweet It! – Your followers will want to hear about the positive news! You may even receive some retweets, new followers and even engage in some conversations.. Also have your executive team Tweet about the coverage. Be sure to give the journalist and publication credit as this is proper etiquette.
3) Post It to Your Industry’s LinkedIn Groups – Many of your key influencers belong to these groups. Take advantage of another tool to reach them.
4) Post It to Your Facebook Page – Just another way of reaching your fans!
5) Sales Team’s Impact – Use the coverage in your sales collateral. Coverage is a great tool for the sales team to reach out to their prospects. Allow them to toot their own horn!
6) Include It – Include the coverage in a weekly newsletter or marketing materials that may be sent to your prospects, customers and investors.
When it comes to influential coverage that has a positive impact on your company, it’s important to take advantage of the opportunity given to you and expand the article’s impact. This will increase the odds of reaching key decision makers by putting the article in their hands, all while putting your stamp as a leader in the marketplace. Kermit may have said it isn’t easy being green, but he never seemed to have trouble being ecstatic about an act. Don’t hesitate to be excited about your coverage!